The Online Certificate in Journalism & Mass Communication is a unique online program offered by the ACEJMC Accredited SIU School of Journalism that began in Summer 2014. This online program provides an opportunity to accelerate your learning experience without sacrificing educational value.
- Most courses last 8 weeks
- Earn your Certificate in about one year
- A variety of online courses will be offered in all 3 semesters, as well as intersession
- Courses taken as part of the Online Certificate Program can count toward a BS in Journalism
The Online Certificate Program requires 30 credit hours of online Journalism courses.
- Complete Writing Across Platforms (JRNL 201) and one of the following online: JRNL 332, JRNL 407, JRNL 434
- Complete 24 additional credits of Journalism online courses
- Total: 10 online courses, 3 credits each
- Earn a grade of C or better in each course
- All prerequisites or approvals must be satisfied prior to taking a course, as determined in the course catalog
View the PDF for a list of online courses currently offered by the SIU School of Journalism by scrolling to page 8.
Contact Us for more information.