MS Professional Media & Media Management
The Master of Science in Professional Media & Management Studies program will give students an intellectual background in the theory and critique of the communication industries, and prepare them for careers within the communication industry or with organizations. This program trains intelligent, self aware, flexible graduates who will go on to become leaders in the field.
The Master of Science in Professional Media and Media Management is designed for students seeking a career in media industries. The Management track will prepare you for a career in media industry management, advertising, and corporate information and training. The Production track will prepare you for a career as a professional media maker in contemporary media production, distribution, and exhibition companies.
There are four areas of focus:
- Media Management & Strategic Communication (Advertising)
- Documentary Media Production
- Multimedia Journalism
- New Media
Candidates must complete a minimum of 30 credits including:
- 6 hours of common core requirements
- 6-9 credits of track core requirements
- 9-12 credits in an emphasis area
- 3-6 credit final project/paper
Application Materials Required
- Online Application (most documents below can be uploaded through the application site)
- 3 Letters of Reference (at least 2 letters must be from professors)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Statements: Personal, Biographical, Research (includes media production/creative interests)
- A writing sample
- A small portfolio containing evidence of accomplishment from your undergraduate studies or professional experience. Speak with the graduate studies office personnel if you have questions about what to include. Small .doc or .pdf files with embedded images or a URL for web portfolios can be uploaded. Otherwise discs can be sent via post.)
- Transcripts (3.0 minimum gpa)
- International applicants should have excellent English speaking and writing skills. Those who have not taken significant advanced study in programs taught in English will have to take the TOEFL or IELTS.Minimum scores: TOEFL: IBT - 100, Computer - 250, Paper - 600. IELTS: 7.0
Steps to Apply
- To apply for Master of Science in Professional Media and Media Management, go to Professional Media and Media Management as the department. This major is not currently listed under Mass Communications and Media Arts. We accept applications for the degree for both fall and spring admissions.
- Any other application materials including transcripts and media portfolios on disc should be sent via post.
We accept applications for this degree for both Fall and Spring admissions. For Fall admissions, the applications window is October 16 through February 1. For Spring admissions, applications are accepted from July 15 through October 15.