Daniel Overturf M.F.A
Professor - Cinema and Photography
M.F.A at Southern Illinois University
of Carbondale, 1983
Office: COMM 0004
A Cinema and Photography faculty member since 1990, Overturf specializes in a wide range of photographic topics including documentary, commercial, Sensitometry, and studio fiction. Recent Cinema and Photography courses have included analog, small town documentary, applied and narrative tableaux.
Overturf co-authored a texbook in 2009, Artificial Lighting for Photography, with Joy McKenzie. In 2008 he co-authored a documentary book entitled A River Through Illinois, with writer Gary Marx.
- CP 332 - Photography III (analog)
- CP 404 - Studio Lighting
- CP 431 - Applied Photography I
- CP 432 - Applied Photography II
- CP 470C - Small Town Documentary
- CP 470C - Large Format
- CP 470C - Environmental Portrait
- CP 470C - Advanced Analog (Sensitometry)
- CP 498 - Senior Portfolio