While it’s important to understand that people and your own initiative, not buildings, will make the difference in achieving success, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and facilities is a requirement in today’s tech-savvy society. The College’s computer labs, audio facilities, soundstages, studios, newsrooms, and photography labs are available and easily accessible for anything you would need – whether it’s producing quality media, engaging in spirited discussions that involve media theory, or critiquing projects.
Whether in the classroom or utilizing equipment, you will be able to take full advantage of your talent as you hone your skills.
Our unique facilities include:
- An Anechoic Chamber, providing a completely noise-free environment for audio arts projects.
- WSIU television and radio facilities that are ideal for student collaboration and work.
- An animation labin the College’s New Media Center, featuring Wacom Cintiq 12WX interactive pen displays, and workstations loaded with Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects and Flash Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Shake, E-on-Vue Infinite and Pixologic ZBrush.
- An integrated online equipment checkout system.
In The Classroom
Our teaching areas include seminar rooms, critique rooms, and lecture classrooms, providing what you need to succeed.
Our classrooms feature:
- COMM 1021 -- lined with lightboxes for photography critique, and featuring moveable furniture to allow for quick changes from a lecture classroom to a seminar room.
- Projection equipment for screening of visual materials and internet capability.
- We also have a media vault, which features a large collection of DVDs and films and provides faculty with a wide range of teaching media.
New Communication Building
We are currently in talks with architects for developing and designing a new Communications Building. Updates will be posted as progress is made and dates are set.
Read More in the Daily Egyptian here: Pritzker returns to SIU, announces release of funding for new communications building