Electronic Sports Media
Students learn the fundamentals of live-event video production and receive practical experience in a variety of production positions on live ESPN 3 telecasts.
Required courses for Sports Production track:
- RTD 321: Sports, Media and Society
- RTD 365B: Multi-Camera Production
- RTD 379: Sports Venue Production
- RTD 479: Multi-Camera Field Production
PLUS: 12 HOURS OF RTD ELECTIVES
Students learn the basic techniques of covering and reporting on sporting events, including interviews and live game coverage. They also explore legal, ethical and cultural issues surrounding sports.
Required courses for Electronic Journalism track:
- RTD 310: News Writing for Electronic Media
- RTD 312: Electronic Sports Journalism (preq 310)
- RTD 370: Television News Reporting (preq 310)
- RTD 470: Television NewS Field Production (preq. 370)
PLUS: 6 HOURS OF RTD ELECTIVES